Friday, December 21, 2007

New Model Army live

Last night I saw New Model Army live at the Astoria, here in London. As always it was an incredibly good performance. I find it amazing that they can just keep going like they do, releasing new records, and hold the same quality still. This performance included most of the songs from the High, of course, but they also managed to blend a lot of good old classics.

I gotta admit, both High and No Mirror, No Shadow works really well live. But the nights best parts were still No Rest For The Wicked, and Vagabonds.

Another interesting thing is that every time I've seem NMA, they play at least four songs from The Ghost Of Cain. Now, they play different songs, but they are so good it doesn't really matter.
The Ghost Of Cain is really New Model Army's counterpart to Velvet Underground's Loaded. Songs like "The Hunt", "51st State", "Poison Street", "Western Dream", "Lovesongs", "Heroes" and "Master Race" are all hit material.

I'm still happy with having New Model Army as my favorite band.

No comments: